Mega Millions has recently changed to 5 from 70 and 1 from 25 for the Mega Ball. This video shows how to work out the odds of winning the popular USA lottery game called Mega Millions. There are a few simple calculations necessary to get the answer. This video shows the odds of correctly selecting 5 winning numbers out of 70, and then 1 out of 25 numbers for the Mega Ball. However these calculation steps can be applied to other Powerball or mega millions or other lottery style of games with more or less numbers.
California MEGA Millions News and Payout for Tuesday, June 30th, 2020
The jackpot for Friday Mega Millions went to $62 million (lump-sum cash payout $49.3 million) after no one hit all 6 winning numbers Tuesday night. The winning numbers from Tuesday night, June 30th, 2020 were 09, 16, 29, 37, 53 with Mega Ball 11 and Megaplier x2. The Mega Millions jackpot has been growing for 699 draws since Friday, October 4th, 2013.The last jackpot was won by a single ticket sold in Maryland, matched all six numbers for a $189 million top prize.
Though there was no jackpot winner Tuesday evening, some people still walked away with huge prizes. There was a sole lucky player that matched all five white ball numbers and won the 2nd prize. The 1 lucky ticket(s) purchased in , each won one million dollar cash by matching all 5 white ball numbers.
Additional prizes won Tuesday night included 16 tickets that matched 4 white ball numbers plus the Mega Ball and won $10,000. Other prizes won Tuesday evening included 271 tickets that matched 4 lotto numbers and won $500. Other prizes won included 792 tickets that matched 3 white numbers as well as the Mega Ball and won $200.
With nine prize tiers, there were 1,104,720 winning tickets sold across U.S. in the Tuesday, June 30th, 2020 drawing.
Mega Millions is a consortium involving 44 state lotteries. It holds the record largest jackpot in U.S. lottery history. Mega Millions drawings occur 2 times a week every Tuesday and Friday night at 7:59 PM Pacific Time. Mega Millions uses a 5/70 (white balls) + 1/25 (Mega Balls) matrix to randomly choose winning numbers. Each play costs $1. In some states, players can choose to pay 1 extra dollar to buy the Megaplier, which multiplies the original prizes 2 to 5 times except jackpot. The minimum Mega Millions advertised grand prize is $40,000,000. Its annuity option is paid in 30 equal yearly installments. Winners may choose one lump-sum cash payout option instead.
Contrary to other Mega Millions states, all the nine prize tiers of California Mega Millions are pari-mutuel, as opposed to non-jackpot prize having a set value. This causes different amounts of prize for equivalent winners sold in the state of California when compared to those sold in other forty three jurisdictons. For example, the second Mega Millions prizes is $1,000,000 could pay the winner more than a million dollar due to the pari-mutuel payout system of California lottery. For the same reason, California state lottery doesn’t offer Megaplier like other Mega Millions participants.
There were 58,355 Mega Millions winning tickets sold in the state of California. Find below the CA Mega Millions prize payout highlights for the Tuesday night’s drawing.
4 ticket(s) matched 4 of 5 + Megaball and won $6,646 each. In the past 1 year, tickets matched 4 of 5 + Megaball in CA Mega Millions drawing, won from $3,002 to $43,634, with an average of $12,695 payout.
38 ticket(s) matched 4 of 5 and won $405 each. In the past 1 year, tickets matched 4 of 5 in CA Mega Millions drawing, won from $154 to $975, with an average of $486 payout.
109 ticket(s) matched 3 of 5 + Megaball and won $160 each. In the past 1 year, tickets matched 3 of 5 + Megaball in CA Mega Millions drawing, won from $122 to $302, with an average of $203 payout.
Below is a list of lucky stores sold the top prize tickets of California Mega Millions Tuesday, June 30th, 2020’s drawing:
Detailed Draw Results For California
About California Mega Millions
California Mega Millions – All you need to become a Millionaire is $1 and lady luck smiling on you.
Can you imagine a lottery where 94% of the ticket cost is diverted back to public? That is what California Mega Millions does for all of you.
California Lottery was started in 1985 after lottery was legalised in California in the year 1984. Later California Lottery started participating in the already existing and popular lottery called Mega Millions, thereby giving birth to California Mega Million.
An unbelievable $ 12,000,000 is the jackpot prize. Just imagine what all you can do with this kind of money.
The popular lottery – Mega Millions also called MM is a lottery that is available or played across multiple states in America. The name of the Mega Millions lottery earlier was .The Big Game..
In California Mega Millions, you need to select any 6 numbers from two different groups of numbers. The 1st group of numbers is from 1 to 56 and the 2nd group of numbers is from 1 to 46. If six numbers match, you win the jackpot. In California, prizes are pari-mutuel which means the payouts depends on the quantity of tickets sold and within that, the quantity of tickets have won the games.
You can claim your California Mega Millions prize from 2 modes of payment. One is annual payment where you will be provided in 26 annual payments and the other is cash payment where full amount is paid.
The California Mega Millions draws are conducted 2 days a week on Tuesday and Friday. The draw is at 7.45 pm.
1. Visit your nearest California Mega Millions retailer. There are 20,000 California Mega Millions retail shops.
2. Once you convey your wish to play the California Mega Millions game, the retailer would give you a play slip.
3. You need to then pick 5 numbers you consider lucky from 2 groups of numbers. The 1st 4 numbers you need to choose is from 1 to 56 and the 5th numbers you need to choose is from 1 to 46.
4. You need to choose & mark these numbers on the California Mega Millions pay slip.
5. In case you are unable to choose the numbers on your own, use the Quick Pick facility where a computer would choose the numbers for you randomly.
6. Each California Mega Millions play slip contains 5 plays. You need to buy more pay slips to play more games.
7. There is also a feature in called Advance Play which permits you to bet on the same numbers on successive draws.
8. In case you are availing Quick Pick, you are permitted up to 10 plays on the same play slip.
9. While marking on the pay slip, see that you use only black ink or blue ink pens. Other colours are not valid. In case you made mistake, instead of erasing, use the VOID box to make your mark.
10. Once you have ensured that you have marked your California Mega Millions pay slip correctly, hand it over to the retailer along with $1.You would then be given a ticket. This ticket you receive also acts as a receipt. California Mega Millions Ticket
11. Check the correctness of the ticket you have received for the date, the numbers you have placed bet on, draw details and the amount paid for the ticket.
12. Once you are convinced that the information available on the California Mega Millions ticket is correct, place your signature on the back side of the ticket.
13. It is to be noted that a California Mega Millions ticket that is once sold will not, under any circumstance, be cancelled.
14. The tickets are bar coded. You can check you winning status either by scanning your ticket at the retailer or by visiting the California Mega Millions website.
More About California Mega Millions
The California Mega Millions draw is usually conducted in the city of Atlanta in Georgia. It is conducted by WSB-TV.
For very large draws, the Mega Millions draw is sometimes conducted in New York City’s Times Square.
Unlike other states, Megaplier, a $2 game, is not offered as a part of California Mega Millions.
The chance of winning a California Mega Millions jackpot is 1 in 175,711,536.
The chance of winning any prize is 1 in 40.
There are chances that there is more than one winner in a California Mega Millions draw. In such a case the prize is shared among the winners. However the number of winners, if belonging to the same group, should not be more than 100.
Suppose the winner dies before collecting the prize money, his / her heir can collect the California Mega Millions prize money. There is of course a formal procedure for the same.
The winners should claim or collect their prize within 180 days. If not collected, the prize will be awarded to the state of California and in turn fund schools and colleges.
The prizes of California Mega Millions above $599 are taxable. However there is no state/ or local tax pertaining to California.
It is mind blowing to know that the largest or biggest jackpot ever won in Mega Millions is of prize money $ 656,000,000 which is in 26 annual payments or an equivalent cash amount of $474,000,000. This was in the year 2012.
The 2nd highest jackpot (payable in 26 annual instalments) that was won was $390 million and the 3rd largest is $380 million.
You have to claim the jackpot prize within a year unlike other Mega Millions prizes which give a period of 180 days period. Thereafter you have 60 days to choose either the cash or the 26 annual payments.
In case of prizes other than jackpot, the same needs to be claimed within 180 days.
You need to be at least 18 years old if you need to play California Mega Millions.
Younger people . do not lose heart. You can win or collect the prizes on tickets that have been gifted to you.